Download IPA Files: In this article, we have shared a complete guide to download and install IPA files on Mac and Windows OS. Read on to know everything.
What is an IPA File?
A .ipa extension file format is an iOS application file that stores an iOS app. That means every iOS apps should be in the .ipa extension. Just like .APK in Android, .IPA is a format of iOS app files. However, you can uncompress the .ipa extension file by changing the extension to .zip and unzipping.
If you have application files on the .IPA file on your iTunes backup folder and you needed to install those .IPA on your Windows or Mac then here is the guide. As you know, the IPA files are the backups of applications installed on your iPhone or iPad devices.
To be clear, IPA files are nothing but a backup of apps. For example, if you have an iOS app that is installed from Apple’s iOS store, your device will have a copy of the application that can be installed on your device. So, even if you want to restore your phone, you don’t need to install the particular app from the App store by downloading that app. You can install it directly from the file manager or a hard drive.
Unfortunately, Apple made some changes in the OS and they stopped saving the IPA files copy to the device memory in order to optimize the size of the backup files on the device.
If you are sad hearing that or if you are looking for an alternative way to download IPA files on Windows and macOS, we have a solution for you. As always, there will be an alternative way for everything. All you need to do is you need to find out that method. There is still a way to download IPA files to your Mac or PC. Here it is!
How to Download IPA file on Windows or Mac?
- In order to Download IPA file, you need to open iTunes.
- After that tap on the Search Bar that is located on the top right.
- Now, click on the tab called “Store“
- Now, you have to search the name of the application in order to download the IPA file.
- Once the result is displayed, it will show the available applications for iPad, iPhone, and iMessage.
- All you need to do is select the application of which you want to download the IPA file.
- You can click ‘Get‘ from the search results or visit the app’s page
- In the next step, it will ask you to Log In using your Apple ID. So, do that by entering valid login details
- Make sure you have entered the login details of the same Apple ID that your iPhone device has registered.
- Upon the successful login process, iTunes will start downloading the file of iPA.
- It will also display the progress of the download if you click the small arrow button next to the iTunes status bar.
- After the completion of the download process, the ‘Get’ application page will be changed to ‘Downloaded’.
- Don’t wait till iTunes display the completion of download as it won’t display the completion of the downloading process.
Location of the IPA file on Windows OS
- Turn on your Windows PC and head over to the file location in File Explorer
- Example: C: Users>UserName>Music>iTunes>iTunes Media>Mobile Applications
Location of the IPA file on Mac OS
- To find the location of IPA file on Mac, open ~ / Music / iTunes / Mobile Applications /
How to Install IPA on a Windows OS
- To install .ipa files on Windows PC, you need to download a software called 3uTools.
- Now, you need to install Apple devices drivers or iTunes for Windows.
- After that connect your iPhone or iOS device to your PC that is running on Windows through a USB.
- Now, head over to the Apps section.
- Click Import and Install .ipa.
- It will be transferred to your device
- In the next step, you need to add your certificate to trusted
- To do that open the Settings and select General. Head over to Device Management section
- Install and open 3uTools and all your IPA files will be displayed
- In order to install the .ipa app on Windows through 3uTools, you need to double click on the .IPA file.
- It will display a new window with an Install option to install that particular app.
- That’s it! You’ve successfully installed .IPA files on Windows.How to Install IPA on a Mac.
How to Install IPA on a Mac OS
- First of all, open iTunes on your Mac
- Now, Click “File” and select “Add to Library” you can also do this by pressing the “Command” and “O” to open the “Add to Library” dialog window.
- In the next step, you need to select the location of the downloaded IPA files
- After that, choose the IPA file and to select multiple IPA files to hold the “Command” key then choose multiple IPA files.
- Now, the apps will display in the “Apps” category in iTunes.
- That’s it! Now, you need to connect your iPhone or any other iOS device to your Mac through the USB cable.
- Now, click the “Sync” button on iTunes to install the apps on the iPhone, iPad
- This is the simple guide to open IPA files on Mac.
Conclusion | Download & Install .IPA File on Windows & Mac
So, guys, I hope this method helped you to download and install IPA files on Windows and macOS. If you have any queries regarding the installation of the IPA file on Windows or Mac, feel free to comment below.